Monday, November 4, 2013

Nove 4th 2013

Did anyone else manage to catch the NBC mini-documentary last week called "Why We Heart Vampires" ?

I've seen about a hundred of these in the past 20 years. Usually, delving into the history of vampires in folklore, and talking to goth kids on why they dig the whole thing.
This was different, for the better. It dealt just with a handful of the more popular movies/tv shows and talked just to actors and producers and writers.

More of an inside look then a general one.  One of the best mini-docs I've seen on any topic in the last few years. 
I don't know if it's online anywhere, or if there is a replay of it, but I suggest checking it out.

And, it was NBC so a good chunk was to promote the new NBC version of Dracula. 

Speaking of the new version...it took me till the middle of the second episode to really warm up to it. The first episode really didn't have me as hooked as I was thinking it was going to.   I like the fact the new tv show is set during the late 1880's, I was a bit worried it was going to be too modern; which seems to be the big trend right now. Making vamps too modern.




No comments:

Post a Comment